Whether we like to admit it or not – other people’s opinions of us not only matter but can play a major role in influencing our own opinions… even about ourselves.
If those outside opinions come from people we trust, like or look up to, or even closer than that – from our bros, possy or tribe it can actually circumvent what we know to be true for what we want to believe.
Listen to Episode #4: Brocebo
- How the Brocebo effect is like a sugar pill that can create the illusion of power?
- Why it can have you seeing something in the mirror that isn’t actually there?
- Who deals the Brocebo drug?
- When is taking the Brocebo pill hardest to resist?
- Are others over-influencing your thoughts, feelings and decisions?
- How do you stay grounded in confident humility?
- Do you welcome and invite honest feedback even when it might hurt?
Be completely honest with yourself about one thing that you’ve been told by others is a strength or yours – but you know needs work. Then find one tool, skill or shift in mindset that can begin turning it into a real strength.
Catch you on the next episode of Epic Men Radio,